Can you see me?
A full trip report will be available at my other blog (see here) but there was some fishing to be had. Also, remember how I had picked up another compact camera before I left? It was the Fujifilm Finepix XP 10 compact. Waterproof, Shockproof and cheap!
Let me just come out and say that I LOVED THIS CAMERA. Took 220 pictures and several videos. Here's what I appreciated so much about the camera:
- Waterproof. Didn't come in handy this trip, but I'm sure it will this summer.
- Shockproof. Already dropped it several times with no damage.
- Great Value. $140 is an excellent price, even for something that's NOT waterproof.
- Fast. Turns on quickly, snappy response to most operations.
- Compact. Fits hand just right. Easy enough to carry in a pocket.
- Smart. Seems to have some impressive facial recognition features.
- Bright Green. Easy to find. Eye-catching to others.
The quality of the pictures themselves isn't fantastic. But they are good enough for my purposes and better than I was expecting, after having returned the last Fuji that I'd purchased last year.
I have a busy summer of hiking, fishing and traveling. Expect to see more pictures from the XP 10!