Our April fishing trip has inspired me to get some tying done. I only tie about six different types flies; these are most of them. From the top left around clockwise...
- A black Bunny Streamer. Also tie them in Olive.
- 5 diffent types of Carey-Specials. Amy swears by the two on the right, the Olive Willies.
- Five San Juan Worms. So easy to tie, ahhh. The key is to use a lighter on the ends.
- Blue Winged Olives - The only dry I tie anymore.
- Snowcones - black, red, silver and olive, in sizes 14-18
- A Hares Ear - really need to tie more of these, they are so versatile
- 5 Prince Nymphs - Actually use these in the Yakima more than anywhere else
In fact, I'm thinking of blogging a series of "Flies for the Snoqualmie Valley." If you have some recommendations, please send them to me and we'll talk!
Post a Comment